- Set up field as shows. Players split into two groups, divided into four equal lines.
- Must have a GK in each goal.
- A shooting cone is placed 15-18 yards from each goal.
- A player from each team (diagonal from each other) dribbles to about the shooting cone, stops ball and sprints around cone to strike the ball the other player stopped.
- After shot, the other two lines do the same.
- Players shag their ball after shooting and go to the their team’s line on the other side of the field.
- Encourage players to strike the ball with one touch.
- Placement vs. Power. Discuss the difference between striking the ball with your instead vs. the inside of the foot.
- Discuss aiming towards the far post, and shooting low. If GK saves, the ball is likely to rebound back into play.
- Placement of shot should be based on placement of GK.
- Keep score and have teams compete with each other! Each goal scored is a point. For every two saves the GK makes, they get a point (don’t get a point for a shot that goes wide without being saved).