- Divide team into two groups to play against each other.
- Ball can only be thrown. If a teammate catches the ball, then they are allowed to pivot but not move off the spot they caught ball.
- Score by throwing to a teammate who catches ball in endzone. Players cannot enter endzone until ball is thrown.
- If the ball hits the ground, the other team gets it. The defending team can swipe the ball onto the ground to get possession, but cannot knock it out of someone’s hands (like ultimate Frisbee)
- When the ball is above their shoulders, can they contour catch (make ‘W’ with hands behind ball)? When it is below their neck, can they basket catch (scoop ball and bring into chest)?
- Introduce distribution. Is it always a good idea to throw directly to someone? Can you lead them with a throw into space if there is room?
- Height vs. speed of distribution. Generally, higher throws take longer to get to a target than more direct throws. Learn when to throw high vs when to be more direct based on where defenders are.