- Split players into two teams.
- All the players on one team each have a soccer ball on the outside of the circle.
- The other team is in the middle of the square in the circle without balls.
- Play for 1 minute. Players in the middle have to check to a player on the outside of the circle, receive a pass, turn, dribble through the square in the center and then pass to a player without a ball on the outside of the circle.
- Players get a point for each ball they dribble through the center square.
- Switch teams on the outside after a minute.
- Demonstrate different moves to turn quickly. Examples are:
- Players need to look over their shoulder before receiving the ball to turn
- When checking to a player on the outside, player should call their name to get attention, and then show with their hands where they want the ball passed to
- Encourage inside players to alternate which foot they turn with!