This practice plan gives players lots of opportunities to work on using deception when working on moves. This practice is designed for a 1 hour session, the outline is as follows:
- 30 x 20 3vs 3 (10 minutes)
- Tight Spaces (10 minutes)
- 1 vs. 1's to Goal (10 minutes)
- Multiple Goals (15 minutes)
- 7 vs. 7 Scimmage (15 minutes)
End of Practice Discussion
- Bring your team together and ask some open ended questions about the practice.
- Why is it important to sell our move to the opponent? (so they will get off balance).
- Where should we take our first touch after beating an opponent? (behind them, so it’s more difficult for them to get back in front of us).
- What can we do with our body when performing a dribbling move to sell it better? (get your body into it! The more you emphasize and exaggerate the movement, the more likely it is too work!)
- Have a couple players show the group what some of the dribbling moves you learned today look like. Ask them if they have any questions, and ask them to practice their dribbling moves and juggling at home.
Have a team cheer and see everyone on game day!