U10 Practice Plan - Introduction to Goalkeeping
- 30 x 20 3 vs 3 (10 minutes)
- Handball (15 minutes)
- Goal to Goal (10 minutes)
- 4 Goal Game (15 minutes)
- 35 x 25 5 vs. 5 Scrimmage (15 minutes)
End of practice questions
Bring your team together and ask some open ended questions about the practice:
- What does a goalkeepers ‘ready position’ look like? (knees bent, on toes, leaning slightly forward, hands by waist with palms facing in).
- If you’re collecting a ball off the ground, how should you collect it? (with a scoop. Forearms close together, and cradle ball up to chest).
- What about if the ball is shoulder height or above? (contour catch. Make a ‘W’ with hand to receive ball.)
- Why is distributing with a throw usually better than punting? (because we get to keep possession on the ball!).
No tactics have been added to this practice yet.