This is a U10 soccer practice plan that focuses on receiving passes, the first touch, and playing away from the ball. It is a 1 hour session and the outline of drills is the following:
- 20 x 10 2 vs. 2 Scrimmage (10 minutes)
- Color Gates in Pairs (10 minutes)
- Goals, Goals, Goals (10 minutes)
- 4 Goal Game with Goalkeepers (15 minutes)
- 35 x 25 5 vs. 5 Scrimmage (15 minutes)
End of Practice Discussion
- When we receive a pass, where should we try and take our first touch (towards the direction we want to go next).
- How can you see space better? (by looking over your shoulder before receiving ball, and opening body to field).
- How can your teammates off the ball help you out when you have the ball? (by getting wide on the field and being loud!)
No tactics have been added to this practice yet.