In this practice session coaches work with their players on the proper fundamentals for passing the ball. The outline for the practice is the following:
- 20 x 10 2 vs. 2 (10 minutes)
- Soccer Marbles (10 minutes)
- Team Tag (10 minutes)
- Colored Gates in Pairs (15 minutes)
- 31 x 20 4 vs. 4 Scrimmage (15 minutes)
End of practice questions
- What should our foot look like when passing? (toe up, heel down).
- Why would we want it to look like this? (it creates a solid surface to pass with. Also, it keeps the ball from rolling over the top of our foot while passing).
- Where should our non-kicking foot be when passing?
- How much power should I put on a pass? (depends on where your target is. We want enough for the ball to get there, but not so much the it’s hard for the other player to control).