U6 Practice Plan - Deception
This soccer practice session is most appropriate for the U6 and under age levels. As a coach you can use these drills to teach players about how to use body parts to deceive their opponents. The outine for the practice is as follows:
- 20 x 10 2 vs. 2 Small Sided Game (10 minutes)
- Hospital Tag (15 minutes)
- Crocs in the River (15 minutes)
- 31 x 20 4 vs. 4 scrimmage (15 minutes)
End of Practice Discussion
- What are some body parts that we can use to deceive an opponent with? (eyes, legs, shoulders, hips).
- Why would it be important to deceive an opponent? (to make them think you are going one way, when you actually want to go the other).
- Why would this be important? (because getting the opponent off-balance makes them easier to get by!)
Have a team cheer, and see everyone on game day!