This practice plan includes drill that allow players to work on dribbling with an emphasis on using different parts of their foot to control the ball. The practice includes the following structure:
- 3 vs 3 Small Sided Game (10 minutes)
- Gatekeepers (15 minutes)
- Direct 2 vs 1's (15 minutes)
- 5 vs 5 Scrimmage (15 minutes)
End of Practice Discussion
Bring your players in for the last five minutes of practice and recap your session using open-ended questions.
- When should we use little touches vs. big touches? (little touches in tight spaces and big touches in space so we can build up speed faster).
- How can the dribbling of the person with the ball open space for their teammate?
- When the teammate gets the ball, where would their first touch go? (towards goal!).