This is a soccer practice session geared for U12 players. It focuses on concepts of getting defenders to commit before passing the ball. These U12 soccer drills help players understand how, when, and why this is important when attacking. The practice plan includes the following drills:
- 3 vs 3 Scrimmage (10 minutes)
- Two touch champ (10 minutes)
- Direct 2 vs 1's (10 minutes)
- Direct 2 vs 2's (10 minutes)
- 7 vs 7 scrimmage (15 minutes)
End of Practice Discussion
Bring your team together and recap the session using open-ended questions:
- Why is it important to dribble and make a defender commit before passing? (it opens up more space for your teammate once they receive the ball).
- When the person with the ball approaches a defender, what are their options? (they can pass or dribble themselves).
- What should your teammate’s body look like when receiving a pass? (they should be “open” to the field so their first touch can be towards goal.
Have a team cheer, and see everyone on game day!
No tactics have been added to this practice yet.