A U6 practice session that works on teaching dribbling fundamentals with fun games. The practice outline is:
- 2 vs. 2 Play (10 Minutes)
- Galaxy Explorer (10 Minutes)
- Space Invaders (10 Minutes)
- Star Destroyers (10 Minutes)
- 4 vs. 4 Scrimmage (15 Minutes)
End of practice questions:
Bring your players in for the last five minutes of practice and recap your session using open-ended questions:
- What are some surfaces of the feet we can use to move our soccer ball with? (inside, outside, laces, heel, bottom, toe)
- Why is it important to be able to use both feet while dribbling? (so you can turn direction quicker, as well as evade defenders easier!)
- Why should you look for space to dribble into, instead of just dribbling straight ahead? (it’s important to know where defenders are, so you can avoid them and get past them!)
Have a team cheer; great job coach!
No tactics have been added to this practice yet.