A U14 soccer practice session that focuses on shooting and finishing. The practice outline is:
- 4 vs. 4 Play (15 Minutes)
- 1 vs. 1 to Goal (15 Minutes)
- 2 vs. 2 with Neutrals (15 Minutes)
- 6 vs. 6 Scrimmage (15 Minutes)
End of practice questions:
- What is placement vs. power? (hard shots are generally less accurate. Think about the proper part of the foot to use for each unique shooting opportunity. Are you far out? Are you close to the goal? Is the GK out of position? They all need different techniques to score).
- Why is mobility important in the attacking 3rd of the field? (It helps unbalance the defenders. If you stand still, you are too easy to defend!)
- Why should we look to shoot first when close to goal? (Space to shoot disappears quickly! If you have an opportunity to score, you need to take that chance first!)
- Why is shooting on goal quickly important? (because space is tight in and around the 18 yard box. If you don’t shoot quick when you have space, then a defender will pressure you fast and your opportunity will be gone.)
No tactics have been added to this practice yet.