There are 10-12 players set up around the four sides of the small field, each with a ball. A smaller grid is placed in the center. To begin play, the defender steps into the center of the small grid. Player 1 attacks the defender 1v1, trying to dribble all the way through the grid. If the defender wins the challenge, then Player 1 becomes the new defender, playing 1v1 against Player 2. If not, the defender must stay in the middle to defend the next attack from Player 3. Each new attack begins as soon as the ball is out of the grid and play rotates counterclockwise.
1. The defender must control the speed of his initial run and not charge in.
2. The decision to tackle or not depends on how well the attacker controls the dribble.
3. If possible, the defender should win the ball as opposed to kicking it out of bounds.
1. Make sharp changes of speed and direction.
2. Sell your dribbling moves with ball and body feints.
3. Accelerate out of your moves in order to create space.
1. Reduce the size of the central grid.