- Make field and place two 4 yard goals at each corner. Each goal will have a goalkeeper.
- Play 5v5, with two goalkeepers from each team in the goals. 3v3 on field.
- Each goal counts as 1pt.
- Normal soccer rules, except no corners. Use goalkicks instead of corners.
- Can use the goalkeepers on own team to play backwards and help keep possession.
- Stress the techniques of the different catches. Get excited when you see proper technique!
- Encourage communication. Can the GKs give direction to the defenders on the field? Do they yell ‘KEEPER!’ when they are collecting?
- Distribution. Can the keeper distribute quick? When should they play to a teammate’s feet vs. playing the ball into space for them to run on to? Make decisions based on the placement of teammates and the opposing team.