- Create a 40x30yd (depending on ability) field with goals on each end.
- Make three teams of four players, with a goalkeeper in each goal.
- Teams play 5v5 (their four players plus a goalkeeper), while the third teams split themselves to create two “bumper players” of each sideline.
- Each team can use the bumper players to keep possession. Bumper players only get a maximum of two touches, otherwise the other team gets a freekick.
- Bumper players can move freely on their sideline (and onto the endlines!)
- Bumper players cannot shoot.
- Play for 3 minutes, and switch the team on the outside.
- Same as above. Movement is key!
- Try to look forward with a pass/dribble/shot first. Use the bumper players only if there isn’t a better option to play forward towards the opponents' goal first.
- Disguise and deception of runs off the ball is important! Try to make your first movement off the ball to confuse the defender, and change the direction/speed to make a 2nd run into the space you actually want the ball.