WHY USE IT:
Germany has historically been a dominant attacking force in the air. This session seeks to reinforce traditional strengths.
7 v. 7 to big goals in a half field with wide channels on either side.
HOW TO PLAY:
Play should originate from the keeper each time. Play is unconditioned in the main area. The team in possession may have one player go into the wide channels. If they receive the ball, a defender may go into the channel. After a ball is in the channel, one additional attacker can go into the channel for support, followed by an additional defender.
1. Play must go wide
2. Goals from wide service have greater value
3. Finishes from wide service must occur one or two touch
1. Crossing and finishing.
2. Heading and volleying.
3. Combination play in wide space.
4. Dribbling at an opponent 1 vs. 1
MAIN COACHING POINTS:
1. Exploit width and numerical advantage in the wide space.
2. Move as a group into the box to attack the key areas.
3. Look for a composed, first time finish.