- Players are in pairs with one ball per group
- Each player has a goal (3yds wide). The goals are 6yds apart. Make further away/closer depending on ability. Have extra balls close by
- The object is to score a goal on the opponent, but you can only throw the ball underhand when it is between your own goal posts. Ball must be below shoulder height to count as a goal. Other player is the GK defending their “goal”.
- If ball goes in, they get a point. Opponent then starts with ball on their line and tries to score on opponent.
- Play for 1 minute. Ask who won and switch partners to play again.
- Goalkeeper needs to collect ball off ground using a scoop. Try to shuffle to get body behind ball.
- Show “ready position” for GK. Knees bent, on toes, chest forward. Hands need to be at hip height with palms facing towards body.
- Encourage quick play, can you save and then catch the opposing GK off-guard by throwing quickly?