- Split team into two groups. One group will have balls, while the other don’t.
- When coach says go, the players with the balls try and hit (below the knees) as many of the other team as they can with their ball. If they hit someone, they get a point. If they miss, they get their ball and try getting someone else. Players without the balls are trying to stay away.
- Play for 1 minute. At the end of the minute tally up how many points each person has and add their scores together to get their team score. Switch roles and play again.
- Play for several rounds. Encourage teams to get a higher score then they did last time.
- If players aren’t able to get many people, make grid a bit smaller.
- Talk about locking ankle when passing (toe up, heel down), and striking ball at equator or above.
- Stress weight and timing of pass to hit a player. Can dribbling the ball better set up a pass?
- Players need to lock their ankles (toe up, heel down) when using the inside of their foot to pass in order to be more accurate.