- Place 5 cones, and 5 pennies on ground spread out around grid.
- Start without a ball. Coach gives the players a task to complete which they try to get as many points as they can:
a) touch hand to cones/pennies.
b) touch foot to cones/pennies
c) two-footed jump over cones/pennies
d) Make up new combinations. Think of gross motor movements, and make more complicated with each progression.
Every player has a ball. Players have to dribble to a cone/pennie, touch with their foot, and then turn to go the other way for a point. Demonstrate different turns and have players perform one type at a cone, and then another type around the pennies etc. Players get points for each cone/pennie they turn at around. Make up different variations to get points.
- Introduce different types of turns using different surfaces of the feet: Inside/outside/bottom
- Encourage little touches when dribbling up to a cone, and then larger touches after they pass it to get quickly to the next one.
- Use peripheral vision while dribbling to see where you want to go next.