- Every player needs to have a ball. (except for a couple gatekeepers). Spread pairs of cones around the grid about a yard apart from each other. Each set of cones is called a ‘gate.’
- Players have 45 seconds to dribble through as many gates as they can. Players need to keep track of their score.
- The gatekeepers stand in the middle of a gate making it 'closed.' Gatekeepers must switch and go stand in a different gate every 4 seconds. After 45 seconds, stop game and ask each player what they got. Repeat and ask them to beat their own scores.
- Players need to take close, tight touches when dribbling through a gate and larger touches when they are trying to build up speed to get to the next gate. Players need to look around so they know which gates are closed, and take their next touch towards an open one.
- Talk to players about using different sides of their feet to change direction. Stress the importance of using both feet. A two footed players is twice as good as a one footed player!
1 per player