- Place players in pairs, about 3 yards away from each other, with one ball per group to work on different techniques:
- Passing back and forth. 2-touch. Get a point for each completed pass, but must take 2 touches (1 or 3+ touches don’t get a point!)
- Passing back and forth. 1-touch only. Get a point for each completed pass, but only counts if 1 touch. If there is a bad touch and the ball goes off in a weird direction, both players chase down the ball and continue playing 3 yards apart from each other.
- Repeat each round of technique, and ask pairs to try and beat their scores from before.
- Progression: Everyone gets a ball, and is now juggling by themselves. How many juggles can they get? Can they beat their score?
- For passing: toe up, heel down. Strike ball in equator and use inside of foot to maintain accuracy.
- Stress that players stay light on their toes so they can adjust quicker to mistakes. Try to get their chest over the ball when they are striking it.
- For juggling: Keep ankle locked to create a flat surface on top of foot. Movement from juggling comes from the knee joint, not ankle. Try to keep ball low (below chest).