- Divide a 15x15 yard grid into four areas. Only use one ball.
- One player per area (4 player total).
- Create additional grids as necessary.
- Coach yells “hot potato!” to start the game and the players have to pass clockwise around grid. Each successful pass of the potato gets a point. If the ball goes outside the intended area on a pass, then the score resets to zero. Try to see how high of a score each group can get!
- Repeat game and ask groups to beat their high score!
- Have players go counter-clockwise.
- Have players create a figure 8 with the passing.
- Have fun!
- Encourage the use of the inside of the foot while passing to the next grid (Toe up, heel down)
- Encourage players to open up their body when receiving. Receive the ball with the inside of the foot in the direction you want to do next.