This is the 3-2-1 formation for 7 vs 7 soccer games. This formation is a bit more defensive and good to use if you anticipate the opponent is very strong on the attack. Here are some advantages and disadvantages of this formation:
- Provides three defenders in the back (#2, #3, #5), making this a safer formation against teams that are potent in attack.
- Provides two center-midfielders (#8, #6), which helps provide defensive stability in the center of the field
- Allows multiple options to attack through the center of the field (#6, #8, #9)
- Excellent formation for teaching playing out of the back
- #2 and #3 provide the width for the attack as well. If they aren’t able to get forward into the attack fast enough, then your team will lack width
- #9 must be mobile to find space on field. If they stand in the center all game, you will lack chances to score.