This diagram shows the 4-5-1 formation for 11 vs. 11 soccer games. Here are some advantages and disadvantages:
- Excellent formation for defending against a good attacking team.
- All areas of the field have coverage for defending.
- If #7 and #11 are mobile players with getting into the attack, can be very effective in attacking off the counter.
- With so many players back to help defend, can be difficult to find a rhythm in the attack.
- #9 can be left without options to play the ball to if your team isn’t quick to support the attack.