This is the 4-3-3 formation for 11 vs. 11 soccer games. Here are the pros and cons for this formation:
- Provides excellent options in the attack.
- Provides good support on the defensive side of the ball with four defenders and #6, #8 providing support just in front of the backline.
- If #2 and #3 get into the attack to overlap #7 and #11, can be very effective in penetrating opponent’s backline.
- #7 and #11 need to come back into the midfield to help with defensive responsibilities.
- #9, #11, #7 need to be mobile in the attack. If they all stay in the same general positions on their side of the field, they can be too easy to defend. Players to constantly look for space in front of, and behind, the opponent’s backline to receive the ball.
4-3-3 with two holding midfielders