This diagram shows the formation of the 3-5-2 to be used in 11 vs. 11 soccer games. The pros and cons of this formation include:
- Excellent formation for creating options to attack opponent’s goal if #7 and #11 get forward into attack.
- Good stability on the attacking and defensive side of the ball in the midfield.
- Center-midfields have multiple options to penetrate opponents back line (#7, #11, #9, #10).
- Three in the backline make your team susceptible to being beaten on the outside of the field.
- #7 and #11 need to be fast in getting forward into the attack, and getting back to help defend. If your #7 and #11 are not hard workers, you will get beat on the outside of the field.