Both teams start with two players in each half. The team in possession sends a third player in from the midfield line (Player 3) to begin the attack. The goalkeeper outlets to Player 3, and the attack continues 3 v 2 to goal. Upon completion, Players 1, 2, and 3 rotate off the field, and the two defenders (Players 4 and 5) stay on. Player 6 joins the attack from midfield, and two new defenders run into their half to defend. Play continues back and forth across the field. When defenders win the ball, they pass back to the keeper to start the next attack.
- Attacking – Push the dribble down the middle of the field and commit the first defender.
- Passing – Look for the one touch pass between the two defenders.
- Speed of Play – Make runs towards the pass and give the defenders even less time to make their recovery runs.
- Finishing – Make positive first touches towards the center. Don’t take the ball out wider.
Progressions / Regressions:
- Progression 1: On turnovers, teams can go directly to goal without using the keeper.
- Progression 2: Progress to 4 v 3, Both Ways