- Make multiple fields depending on numbers at practice. Each field needs 7 players.
- Two players are in the center and are trying to get the ball from the other 5.
- If a defender gets the ball, the person who’s been in the center the longest switches with the person who lost the ball.
- If the ball goes out of bounds, the person who made the errand pass, or didn’t control the ball, switches with someone in the center.
- Make grid smaller or bigger depending on ability of players. We want the middle players switching at least every 30 seconds!
- Opening body to the field when receiving the ball, so you can see all options.
- Little movements to change angle and offer better option to receive the ball. If you can’t see the ball, they the ball can’t find you!
- Communication. Verbal vs. Nonverbal. Encourage players to show with their hands where they want the ball passed.