PURPOSE OF SESSION:
Possession and quick transitions
• An inner zone is set up inside a larger field. • In the inner zone, two teams play 7 v 4. One attacker play on each side of the zone, and three play centrally. • Four teammates of the defenders are placed on each side of the larger, outer playing area.
• Play starts in the inner zone, 7 v 4. • The three attackers in the inner zone can move anywhere in the square, as can the four defenders. • Once defenders regain the ball, they can play with teammates on the outside, creating a 8 v 7.
1. Transition quickly and beat your opponent to the space.
2. When you lose possession, try to win it back immediately.
3. Expand the field when you win the ball, contract into the center when you lose it.